    Re: iSCSI : EnableACA

    Black_David@emc.com wrote:

    > > What you are suggesting is that in all cases in which iSCSI would require
    > > the target to enter ACA (after a LU reset or a target reset) look forward
    > > in the queue and enter ACA only if it finds a CDB marked NACA? (and that
    > > includes commands in flight).

    Julian,

    I am not suggesting any such thing. ACA is only established when the
    logical unit completes a command [that had the NACA bit set in its
    control byte in the CDB] with a CHECK CONDITION status.

    ACA is not established after a LU Reset or Target Reset. On the
    contrary, a target reset or LU Reset would clear any existing CAC or
    ACA.

    - Santosh

    > Ok, so why is iSCSI requiring ACA in addition to Unit
    > Attention for Clear Task Set, LU Reset and Target Reset?
    > In all cases, we're dealing with Initiators whose tasks
    > are cleared as a consequence of another Initiator
    > issuing the appropriate task management command.
    > SAM2 only requires Unit Attention.
    >
    > --David

    begin:vcard
    n:Rao;Santosh
    tel;work:408-447-3751
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.;SISL
    adr:;;19420, Homestead Road, M\S 43LN,	;Cupertino.;CA.;95014.;USA.
    version:2.1
    email;internet:santoshr@cup.hp.com
    title:Software Design Engineer
    x-mozilla-cpt:;21088