    RE: iSCSI & Linked Commands

    Hi Santosh:

    See below.

    Point taken, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.

    <stuff deleted>

    > The more interesting question is :
    > Is there any particular reason connection allegiance would rather be
    > enforced per command than per task ? (if linked commands are un-used,
    > this is a moot question....). If it were enforced per task, then, an
    > Abort Task would effectively flush all stale PDUs of that
    > task ensuring
    > no stale PDUs in the network upon I/O termination at the initiator.

    I don't see how the stale PDU scenario comes about. As Julo stated earlier,
    the initiator doesn't send the next command in the chain until it receives
    status for the previous one.  So, at any time, there should only be PDUs in
    flight for one command in a linked command sequence.

    In that respect, I believe connection alliegance per command gives
    marginally better opportunity for load balancing, since the initiator can
    launch the next command in the chain on the most appropriate TCP connection.

    Charles