    RE: iSCSI Naming: WWUIs, URNs, and namespaces

    Mark,

    No, I was not confused nor did I expect clients to turn a WWUI into an
    address as obviously you already have an address to do the reverse DNS.  I
    indicated the process as Name->IP->Reverse-Name and illustrated this process
    by pointing to the technique that Microsoft used to obtain names from
    machines.  Their technique is prone to errors and spoofing.  Secure
    management and promulgation was my concern.  The level of effort to extract
    secure information from DNS is not simpler than that from LDAP.  The mayhem
    from each vendor finding a unique method of obtaining and promulgating
    information would not be pleasant.

    Doug