    RE: iscsi: rev 05 2.5.1 requires ACA support

    Hi David and Julian,

    To impart some finality into the discussion, can you summarize for
    the benefit of the mailing list what is distinctive about iSCSI that ACA
    must be made mandatory for targets. I'm not trying to start an argument
    here, but a few words of motivation might help us to understand
    as to why iSCSI-ACA must be made manadatory (required in most situations)
    versus optional (implement where needed).

    Regards,
    Prasenjit

       Prasenjit Sarkar
       Research Staff Member
       IBM Almaden Research
       San Jose

                        Black_David@em
                        c.com                To:     Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL,
                        Sent by:              ips@ece.cmu.edu
                        owner-ips@ece.       cc:
                        cmu.edu              Subject:     RE: iscsi: rev 05 2.5.1 requires ACA
                                              support

                        03/16/2001
                        06:21 AM

    If that's the case, then the wording that Ralph
    pointed out needs to be modified to indicate that
    ACA is used only when appropriate.