    RE: iscsi: rev 05 2.5.1 requires ACA support

    David,

    In the good old days Tape did not offer ACA as a solution as it did not
    queue commands, it depended on buffering.  Oddly neither do drives use ACA
    for the reason David mentions.  Tape does use relative addressing within
    linked commands where these are defined as being sent over multiple
    connections in iSCSI (ye ha).  We have run in circles about placing ACA into
    a tape application that never expected to see ACA with Ralph being the
    proponent of bit fiddling ACA in and yes it can be done as now required for
    those devices bridged over FC as someone pointed out.  I thought the simple
    solution would be to not return Sense data within the AutoSense requirement
    of iSCSI.  This would force the Tape application to do the right thing and
    request Sense specifically upon seeing bad status.  Handing commands
    received pending resolution of an error relies on ACA so we seem suck with
    it.  Should latency become a greater problem when assuring sequence at the
    initiator, there may be a future where a more stringent view would be
    desired and ACA is the option that is intended to provide this mechanism.
    Who knows, some day someone may actually use ACA.

    Doug