    Re: iSCSI: Logout needs ISID

    Mark,

    If you have only one connection you are supposed to use a Login with the
    restart bit one - and achieve a similar effect as a Login/Logout - i.e.
    keep the session alive.  Even this might be a problem for a target that is
    so poor it has only one socket (even SNMP won't work there).  For this case
    the only way out is to drop the connection and hope the target will hear
    you (it probably won't -:)). The comment is the draft is a memento for
    implementers to keep looking for new connections always (even for a one
    connection target) but probably it does not come through clear enough.

    Mark Bakke <mbakke@cisco.com> on 14/03/2001 18:17:14

    Please respond to Mark Bakke <mbakke@cisco.com>