    Re: I-D ACTION:draft-bakke-iscsimib-02.txt

    Yaron-

    Thanks for looking through the draft.  My comments are
    embedded.

    --
    Mark

    Yaron Klein wrote:

    > Mark,
    >
    > Great job with the MIB. Some questions and comments.
    >
    > 1.      Date should be change to February 2001.

    Oops.  I still have a Y2k bug in my chair-to-keyboard interface.  I'll
    fix it.

    > 2.      Can you take a student from UMN to fill the description fields of the
    > parameters :-).

    Actually, the team is working on descriptions for the fields.  Doing these
    will take a while, and we did not have the time to get them done in time for
    the meeting.

    > 3.      The StatusStatsEntry type parameters should be updated according to
    > version 05 new    status codes.

    OK.

    > 4.      What does the iscsiSsnOtherHdrIntegrity means? The text format of the
    > algorithm?

    This would be the text name of the algorithm used for header integrity, if
    there is no enumerated type for it.  We plan to get rid of the enums in the
    next draft, and include only the UTF8 representations of header integrity,
    data integrity, initiator authentication, and target authentication.  So it
    will look more like:

      iscsiSsnHeaderIntegrity   UTF8String,
      iscsiSsnDataIntegrity     UTF8String,
      iscsiSsnInitiatorAuth     UTF8String,
      iscsiSsnTargetAuth        UTF8String,

    This will make handling of non-standard schemes identical to that used by
    the standard schemes, and remove the need to keep updating enumerated types
    in the MIB as these evolve.

    > 5.      The iscsiSsnDataIntegrity table should include the kerberos options as
    > well as the header digest (version 05).

    The new attributes from #4 will fix this.

    > 6.      Can the AccessList entry include IP address as well as WWUI for initial
    > filtering?

    That's one of the open issues I will bring up during the MIB presentation
    next week.  In general, there are a lot of different things that can be done
    with access lists; which of these will be universally-implemented to the
    extent that they should be included in the MIB, and which should be left to
    table augmentations in enterprise MIBs?

    --
    Mark A. Bakke
    Cisco Systems