    Re: iSNS comments

    Hi Kevin,

    Thanks for the clarifications.  Some more questions.

    What scenarios require changes in ESI IP address/port ?
    I would have assumed one wouldnt want to change these
    things but just keep them read-only.

    I can see DHCP being one reason for IP address changes, but
    in that case, question (2) below should result in something
    more akin to a new entity insert (NOT an update).  The other
    reason could be a multi-NIC device where one interface goes
    down and one wants to switch the ESI/mgmt address to be the
    other interface.  Anything else?

    Changing the ESI portnumber could be a headache if the iSNSdb
    is trashed, since one would then have to resort to port scans
    to find network entities.  (or SLP/SNMP could help but then
    there is no way to "manually" find your way around).

    On a (port) related note, is SCN going to be a unicast service
    or can multicast(reliable/unreliable) also be defined for use.
    It might seem like all clients would be interested in generic
    events like "network changed" and such events might get generated
    more often than anticipated.

    One other comment.  I noticed that iSNS will generate a new DDid
    for an iSNS client which does not supply one(Sec 6.6)  This seems
    to conflict with soft-zoning since initiators can only find
    targets in the same DD.  Am I interpreting this correctly?
    Perhaps the default DDid should be a wildcard of some sort
    (subnet or all within same domain)

    -Sandeep