    Re: StatSn Questions

    Matt and Julian,

    >Hi Kevin,
    >
    >The intent (I believe) is that all target-to-initiator messages will convey
    >the current StatSN.  That way, if the "status" message that contained the
    >StatSN was discarded due to header digest error, the initiator would know
    >about it when the next PDU was received, and could then perform error recovery
    >(if possible).
    >
    >In the SCSI Task Response, Text Response and NOP-In PDUs,- StatSN has the same
    >meaning as SCSI Response (StatSN is incremented before PDU is sent).

    OK.

    >In Data
    >and R2T, it just transfers the previous value (except if Data is the last Data
    >and conveys status).

    StatSN in a read data PDU is *not* the previous value.  Instead, it is a
    new (incremented) value and the field is valid only if the S-bit is set.

    I hope Matt's interpretation of StatSN in R2T is correct - Julian, could
    you please add text explaining it?  Also, please rename it as "Current
    StatSN"/"Running DataSN" (along those lines, since it is quoting a previous
    value) than a simple "StatSN" (which to me implies a unique StatSN assigned
    to this PDU).  From the current names, I was inclined to think that the
    R2T PDU has two sequence numbers!
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka