    Re: iSCSI: draft04 questions

    Julian,

    Thanks.  I am not clear on some. Comments.

    >2. I didn't find a way for an iSCSI target to say that it does not support
    >any unsolicited data at all.  SPC-2 specifies that a zero FirstBurstSize
    >means unlimited.
    >
    >+++ UseR2T=yes (default) and ImmediateData=no +++

    I am confused.  I thought this combination disallows just the "immediate"
    data, and not the unsolicited data as a whole.  The draft hints at this
    in section 1.2.5.
    	"A target MAY separately enable immediate data without
    	enabling the more general (separate data PDUs) form of
       	unsolicited data."

    If I misunderstood, could you please comment how immediate data alone is
    disabled, while allowing unsolicited data of FirstBurstSize?

    >4. Somehow, "Asynchronous Message" seems at odds with the rest of the
    >usage in the draft in regards to PDUs (since a message is introduced as
    >PDU in section 1.2).  Should we may be just call it an AEN PDU?  Section
    >2.14.3 calls this so.  (I realize that it may not always result in a
    >SCSI-level AER.)
    >
    >+++ Fixed 2.14.3 - vox populi in Orlando not to create confusion -:) +++

    As I said in my message to David, since we said a message is a PDU in 1.2,
    an "Asynchronous Message PDU" would be a redundant term, unless we call it
    as "Asynchronous something PDU".  Do you see what I was getting at?  I
    would leave it upto you.

    >for an initiator, if any, between iSCSI event codes 2 & 3.  Could you
    >please
    >comment?
    >+++ 2 is for the purists - message,logout,login, 3 indicates that the
    >target will disconnectd the named connection +++
    >Also, isn't the time in seconds the maximum time than the minimum
    >time as currently stated?
    >+++ time is minimum - allows the target to do the cleanup before being hit
    >with a
    >login +++

    Do I take it then that the draft currently doesn't specify the maximum time
    the targets should keep the session & connection records around hoping
    for a restart?  I would strongly recommend adding that as an additional
    field in the payload, since that is a resource allocation and scalability issue.

    Thanks.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka