    Re: iscsi.04 comments

    Sandeep,

    comments in text - Thanks,Julo

    Sandeep Joshi <sandeepj@lucent.com> on 27/02/2001 20:08:44

    Please respond to Sandeep Joshi <sandeepj@lucent.com>

    To:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc:
    Subject:  Re: iscsi.04 comments

    > 1) - quote from the 2.8.3
    >
    > Some basic key=value pairs are described in Appendix A & D. All these
    > keys except the X- extension formatted MUST be supported by iSCSI
    > initiators and targets.

    oops.  missed that..

    > 2)the WN is allways for the next - BHS by itself does not need a WN - it
    > is allways the first and you know what it is and how long it is (44
    > bytes)

    Btw, there is a WN before the BHS in Sec 2.2 in the figure named
    "Overall structure of PDU".  That caused the confusion.
    +++ The WN before BHS refers to the next - as BHS is always there and is
    fixed in length +++
    Some more notes:

    1) Yaron Klein pointed out that the Login Response code was wrong.
       Similar typos exist in the PDU outlines shown for many other
       target messages : Nop-In (0x80), R2T(0x90), Logout Response,
       AsyncMessage and Reject.
       These opcodes dont match with Sec 2.2.4.2
    +++ Thanks +++
    2) Sec 2.7 - typical PDU for read at byte 20 has (statSN OR reserved)
       For reads, the statSN field would always be present so reserved
       can be removed from this example.  The field is shown reserved
       in the write data PDU.

    +++ No StatSN is set only if the S bit is 1. I will specify.

    3) Have we decided/mandated which Text parameters are going to
       be connection-specific ?  I may have missed a reference to this
       in the draft.

    +++ I would say that some are and some not. Out of thoseoutlined
    only the Markers are connection specific. I will add this - thanks. +++

    4) Furthermore, if an existing connection (full-feature mode) is
       used for recovering a failed connection, is the initiator
       allowed to negotiate ANY list(TextCmd) parameters during the
       login restart ?

       I guess the two connections (old & new) have to be compatible
       with respect to certain parameters, otherwise command restarts
       or data PDU acks may have a problem (since maxR2T, immediateData
       limits, etc could be different)
    +++There is a statement saying that only the leading connection can do this
    - I'll make
    it more specific as it relates to renegotiation also+++

    -Sandeep