    RE: iSCSI CRC considerations

    Dafna,

    I simply said reference (by means of source libraries containing Adler-32)
    with respect to Deflate et. al.

    This protection is not for serial bursts as this is already detected by
    CRC-32.  There is a trade-off with respect to performance.  Types of errors
    within a network are influenced by gaps in current protection.  If using
    software, then Adler-32 offers advantages in performance that could be
    suitable for remaining errors.

    Doug