    Re: iSCSI: naming/LUN views

    Pierre-

    Sorry I took so long to reply; for some reason, I didn't receive
    your original message from the reflector.

    I agree with all of Jim's comments, but would state this one
    more strongly:

      A TargetWWUI MUST present exactly the same LU view to an
      InitiatorWWUI regardless of the portal on which it is accessed.

    This means that we have a method of identification at the target
    level, which we were missing (at least as a standard) from FC and
    parallel SCSI.

    This was our intent, and would solve the problem you stated of
    having to compare views.  Perhaps we should add this statement
    to the document.

    --
    Mark

    --