    RE: FCIP: draft-weber-fcip-encaps-00.txt

    Srini,

    If SCTP structures within TCP is employed, then you benefit from an Adler-32
    frame check and have a mechanism for retrying the failed frame.  The FCIP
    Enhancement does not describe any technique for recovering a bad frame found
    by a digest error. SCTP already has the mechanism in place for this type of
    recovery even if placed on top of TCP.  The other benefit is byte stuffing
    is not needed.  To encapsulate within TCP, simply create a pseudo-frame and
    allow the SCTP structures to conform to this pseudo-frame placed at fixed
    intervals rather than at the real Ethernet frame.  If SCTP is used directly,
    the real Ethernet frame can be used.

    Doug