    RE: FCIP: draft-weber-fcip-encaps-00.txt

    Few comments on the new proposal for FCIP changes:

    - Section 3.2: It is not entirely clear how the FCIP devices would
    synchronize
    clocks across the IP network. There is mention of using NTP or SNTP - would
    that mean they operate independent of Fibre channel time services, operating
    as a IP service ? I would imagine this to be the case, but not sure if this
    is mentioned clearly enough.

    - Section 3.2: The mention of time stamps for time out error recovery
    needs to be more specific, IMO. It says that "if too much time elapses,
    the FC frame should be dropped", which is not precise. I believe it should
    specify how it relates to the two FC timeouts.

    - Section 5.1: The reason for additional checksum is not clear enough.
    If this is solely for the purpose of re-synchronization, would it
    justify the additional overhead for every FCIP frame ?

    - Both the original ID and this proposal leave out the part about
    aborted TCP connections, but talk about re-synchronization during data
    transfer phase, in the face of packet loss, congestion etc.
    I would imagine the re-sync to be more critical "after" a connection
    is reset, since there is data in transit and in the receiver queue.
    Do the authors believe that the new proposal would be sufficient
    to address the TCP connection resets ?

    Regards,
    Sriram