    RE: ISCSI: Immediate data extending beyond a single PDU

    I do not see any reason to create the constraint that Pierre
    suggests.  The goal is to negotiate a maximum acceptable buffer
    space always available for unsolicited data up to the length Firstburst.
    If the initiator chooses not to send that much data in the first
    transfer for reasons of its own, it should be allowed to.  The
    performance penalty for the affected transfer is small and does not
    affect over-all throughput.

    There should be no architectural limitation demanding that the first
    burst of a transfer greater than Firstburst in length is always equal
    to Firstburst.  In particular, if it isn't, what are you going to do about
    it, post an error?

    Bob

    >  julian_satran@il.ibm.com wrote:
    >
    >  > Barry,
    >  >
    >  > I think that the current draft does not allow you to
    >  accept immediate but
    >  > not unsolicited.
    >  > You can either allow unsolicited (including immediate) or
    >  request always
    >  > R2T.
    >  >
    >  > And yes - if the expected length is larger that what you sent as
    >  > unsolicited (even if the unsolicited was less than the
    >  limit) the target is
    >  > supposed to send R2T (there is only one unsolicited burst
    >  per command).

    Pierre Labat replied: