    Re: iSCSI : Digest Error recovery causes data corruption

    At first glance, the idea is nice.

    However, options 1 and 2 require changes to the implementation and API of TCP
    to provide the framing.  As you (should) know, we are not allowed to change
    TCP.  Another problem is that your proposal to drop segments that have digest
    errors violates the network layering.  TCP will deliver the PDUs to iSCSI.
    iSCSI is the layer that checks the CRC.  When TCP delivers the data to iSCSI,
    it has already acknowledged the segment, so it can't be discarded and
    retransmitted.  There is no way for iSCSI to tell TCP to accept or drop a
    segment.

    [all of the above assumes existing TCP definition/implementation.  Anything is
    possible if one is allowed to change things]

    -Matt