    RE: Comments on iSCSI -03

    Elliott,

    There seems to be a requirement in SAM to send the SCSI event indicator and
    as you point out
    a discrepancy with SPC.

    I would appreciate if one of the T10 luminaries would comment.

    Julo

    "Elliott, Robert" <Robert.Elliott@compaq.com> on 30/01/2001 17:42:06

    Please respond to "Elliott, Robert" <Robert.Elliott@compaq.com>

    To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, Charles Binford
          <Charles.Binford@BlueSpruceNet.com>, ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc:
    Subject:  RE: Comments on iSCSI -03

    > [cb-09] page 57
    > Two problems with the following list; 5 & 6 should be 4 & 5,
    > and item number 3 is not in SAM-2 r15 (the latest version
    > I could find).  Was something recently added?  Again, I
    > believe the new Task Aborted Status solves the problem.
    >
    > 2.17.2 SCSI Event Indicator
    >
    >   The following values are defined.  (See [SAM2] for details):
    >
    >      1    An error condition was encountered after command
    >      completion.
    >      2    A newly initialized device is available to this initiator.
    >      3    All Task Sets are being Reset by another Initiator
    >      5    Some other type of unit attention condition has occurred.
    >      6    An asynchronous event has occurred.

    ><js>numbering will be fixed. I will be glad to change/elliminate
    > 3 to task aborted if I get a good pointer and it is good for
    > commands in flight -=
    >
    > meanwhile would it be fair to say that it is subsumed by 6 </js>

    Julian, according to your message on 4 Jan copied below, the
    SCSI Event reasons are going to be eliminated altogether.
    The sense data contains the most accurate information
    about which event occurred.

    ---
    PC: Robert.Elliott@compaq.com
    UNIX: relliott@unixmail.compaq.com