    [Fwd: Re: new iSCSI PDU outline]

    -------- Original Message --------
    From: julian_satran@il.ibm.com
    Subject: Re: new iSCSI PDU outline
    To: Matt Wakeley <matt_wakeley@agilent.com>

    Matt,

    answers in text.

    Julo

    Matt Wakeley <matt_wakeley@agilent.com> on 30/01/2001 12:07:33

    Please respond to Matt Wakeley <matt_wakeley@agilent.com>

    To:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc:

    Julian,

    Section 2.2.1, bits 6-4:

    I think you forgot the BHS structure in the encodings

    <js> BHS is allways there and WN is what's next :)- </js>

    Also, why do we (you) want the long data header??? we already have 32 bits
    of
    length, what in the world would we want 64 bits of length for???

    <js> academic I suppose - the length of a single PDU data part  is limited
    to 24 bits now </js>

    Section 2.3 - I don't see how you made it 44 bytes from 48 without
    eliminating
    any fields...?  looks like you cut the CDB from 16 to 12 bytes...
    <js> I took out the length - it is always anyhow the length of what comes
    after </js>

    I don't understand 2.2.1, bit 7:  0=another header, and 1=no header, only
    data?

    You should specify that bits 1-0 only are valid if bit 7 indicates no
    header

    In other words, within each WN, you are specifying if the there is another
    WN,
    if not, then (implies data) you specify the digest of the data.
    <js> correct we specify both the digest of the data and the header - we can
    restrict it to the last header segment</js>
    -Matt