    RE: iSCSI: CRCs

    As I recall the discussion, it was about facilitating
    iSCSI to iSCSI "middle boxes" - gateways, proxies,
    etc. of various forms that may want to muck with
    the header for some reason.  Such a box is a target
    on one iSCSI connection and initiator on another,
    and only having to regenerate the header CRC
    makes such a box easier to implement, and improves
    the protection obtained from the data CRC.