    Re: iSCSI : Login Phase Problems

    Julian,

    Thanks for the clarification. Can you comment on which of the below 2
    alternatives is the approach the draft intends to take :

    3) If multiple Text commands are to be allowed in the login phase, how
     does a target know that the initiator is done with all its key
     negotiations and has sent all its text commands ?

     If multiple Text commands are NOT allowed in the login
     phase, then, the draft MUST state this explicitly.

    Regards,
    Santosh

    julian_satran@il.ibm.com wrote:

    > Santosh,
    >
    > That is already in in 04 as I was refining the security negotiation.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Julo
    >
    > Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com> on 24/01/2001 09:18:30
    >
    > Please respond to Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>
    >
    > To:   ips@ece.cmu.edu (ips)
    > cc:   santoshr@hpcuhe.cup.hp.com (Santosh Rao)
    > Subject:  iSCSI : Login Phase Problems
    >
    > Julian & All,
    >
    > Problem :
    > =========
    > The login phase is intended to be driven by the initiator and it is the
    > one to decide if only a Login PDU is sufficient or it needs a Login + Text
    > PDU. The initiator needs a mechanism to indicate to the target that a Text
    > command will [or will not] follow the login command.
    >
    > However, by placing the "F" bit in the login response and NOT the login
    > command, the iSCSI login phase opens up a number of questions :

    begin:vcard
    n:Rao;Santosh
    tel;work:408-447-3751
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.;SISL
    adr:;;19420, Homestead Road, M\S 43LN,	;Cupertino.;CA.;95014.;USA.
    version:2.1
    email;internet:santoshr@cup.hp.com
    title:Software Design Engineer
    x-mozilla-cpt:;21088