    Re: iSCSI: remove CDB from iSCSI header

    julian_satran@il.ibm.com wrote:

    > Matt,
    >
    > Considering that most of the traffic is SCSI commands and responses the
    > actual space waste is minor.

    Assuming short reads/writes... If you are performing the large tape I/Os that
    you like to refer to (your reason for having DataRN) then it's a larger
    overhead.

    > What you just suggest (based on misreading the accompanying text - I think)

    I did not mis-read anything - perhaps you did:

    Barry said:

    B: So if the bidi-read length and ADDCDB fields are not in the data digest
    B: then I assume we have to figure them into the header digest even though
    B: they are located past the header digets. Is that the expected behavior?

    Barry asked/stated if the bidi-read length and ADDCDB fields are past the
    header digest to which you replied:

    J: yes,
    J:
    J: Julo

    > will force several reads for most of the traffic and we found this harmful
    > to performance.

    > Considering that most of the traffic has 48 byte headers the outlay we have
    > now is optimal.
    > The digest comes anyhow after the total header (including the additional
    > fields).

    As I stated earlier, that was not what your "yes" reply to Barry indicated.