    Re: ISCSI: Target-initiated logout

    Charles,

    I think that the difference between the iSCSI Asynch Message and the SCSI
    AER is now clear and the current
    mechanism is OK. There is only one dissenting voice (Santosh Rao) that
    would like to see the iSCSI Asynch Message having the semantics "I am going
    to drop the connection - no need for you to log me out" and he has a point
    about this being simpler.  However I am still concerned about the effect of
    messages in flight  - mainly about the status-acking part of them - on the
    closing connection. If I'll feel confident that I have them all covered I
    will add this change.

    Charles Monia <cmonia@NishanSystems.com> on 24/01/2001 04:49:20

    Please respond to Charles Monia <cmonia@NishanSystems.com>