    RE: FCIP/iFCP : Guarantee In-Order delivery for FC N/NL_ports

    > Out-of-order is therotically possible even with FC Switch fabrics running
    > dynamic routing protocol such as FSPF, although in practice FC switches
    > vendors seldom run into this condition.

    FC switches do not run into this condition by taking special steps. One
    approach is to institute a new route (in response to a link going down)
    after waiting for at least R_A_TOV time. This way, there are no frames
    within that time window whose route may change. It does mean less
    responsiveness to link failures, but it preserves the in-order semantics
    negotiated at FLOGI.

    Venkat Rangan
    Rhapsody Networks Inc.
    http://www.rhapsodynetworks.com