    RE: iFCP as an IP Storage Work Item

    Hi David:

    You are correct about the need to coordinate such address assigments across
    gateways. As you suggest, there are additional consequences stemming from
    the way N_PORT addresses are assigned on the FC side of the gateway.  All of
    these can be handled by  straighforward extensions to iFCP.

    Relative to the basic iFCP model for communications between N_PORTs,
    therefore, I don't consider these differences to be fundamental.

    Charles