    Re: iSCSI: RE: Framing Discussion

    Wayland,

    Let's ignore for the first approximation anything that is not data.
    Our assumption when outlining iSCSI was that all send data  (including most
    of the iSCSI headers can be rebuilt from context).   The only context
    information a sender has to keep is an association of a sender TCP sequence
    number with either an iSCSI header or a SCSI buffer address and length.
    The details will certainly vary with implementation.
    In a loosely integrated solution the TCP stack will keep this context for
    you.

    In a tightly integrated solution you will have the TCP, on resend,
    call-back the iSCSI layer to rebuild
    headers and restate data addresses in which case iSCSI has to keep in its
    tables some relation between the TCP sequence number and a specific data
    piece (Task Tag, Data-packet-# etc.).

    Wayland Jeong <wayland@troikanetworks.com> on 26/12/2000 22:08:41

    Please respond to Wayland Jeong <wayland@troikanetworks.com>