    iFCP consideration procedure

    As announced at the IPS meeting in San Diego,
    the proposal to add iFCP to the work of the ips
    WG would involve a charter change to list iFCP as
    one of the encapsulations that the WG is working on
    (just before Goals and Milestones in the charter).
    This proposal is now under consideration ...

    As described in RFC 2418, charter changes are
    negotiated between the WG co-chairs (Steve Bellovin
    and myself in this case, as Elizabeth Rodriguez has
    recused herself) and the Area Directors.  In order
    to make the right decision about iFCP (i.e., add,
    don't add, combine w/FCIP in some fashion, etc.),
    Steve and I are soliciting input on what the WG
    should do and why.  We've taken note of the comments
    in the San Diego meeting and the discussion on
    the list; additional comments may be sent to the
    list or directly to us (see CC: line above).

    There is not adequate time to make this decision
    prior to the holidays - I would hope to see this
    decision made sometime in January.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500