    RE: iFCP fabric attachments

    Hi Venkat:

    See  responses below.

    From a storage protocol perspective, N_PORT and NL_PORT behaviors are
    identical. For that reason, arbitrated loop support in iFCP is a gateway
    implementation issue.  Ie.  In a loop implementation, an iFCP gateway would
    simply present such devices on the network as individual N_PORTs.

    Absolutely, yes.

    Once again, this becomes a gateway implementation option. In this case, all
    FC switch traffic would be handled internally by the gateway.  In this case,
    the only visible FC entities on the IP side of the gateway are the N_PORT
    storage devices themselves.  The other stuff is opaque.

    It appears that the iFCP spec should probably discuss such implementation
    issues.

    Charles