    Re: Memos and Internet-Drafts

    David,

    Black_David@emc.com wrote:

    > > It has been dicussed extensively.   There is even a memo describing it on
    > > the document area of the Mail Archive.
    >
    > I'm sorry to have to ding Julian on this publicly, but this sort
    > of use of "memo"s has got to stop.  The only working documents
    > of this WG are Internet-Drafts.  The memos that Julian refers to
    > that are not Internet-Drafts will vanish off that web site in the near
    > future - if it's important enough to save for future reference, it's
    > important enough to write up and submit as an Internet-Draft.

    From RFC2026, section 2.2:
    "An Internet-Draft that is published as an RFC, or that has remained
    unchanged in the Internet-Drafts directory for more than six months
    without being recommended by the IESG for publication as an RFC, is
    simply removed from the Internet-Drafts directory."

    So, internet drafts are not useful for "future reference" since they'll be
    deleted after 6 months....

    -Matt