    Re: iSCSI Urgent Pointer

    John,

    I agree with most of what you said.  I have a minor observation regarding
    your group T.

    Those can benefit from the urgent pointer but can also live without it.
    Buffers in those engines
    can be made "purpose obvlivious" and labeled later (when the exact
    destination gets to be known and before the delivery to the ULP).

    Most of the negative impact will be felt in your category E when networks
    get close to saturation.

    "John Hufferd/San Jose/IBM" <hufferd@us.ibm.com> on 15/11/2000 12:16:12

    Please respond to "John Hufferd/San Jose/IBM" <hufferd@us.ibm.com>