    RE: ISCSI: Urgent pointer consensus

    > > I also believe that based on discussion on the list, WG rough consensus
    > > does NOT exist for requiring this use of the URG flag and Urgent
    pointer,
    > > (too many people have objected to making them mandatory), and hence
    > > the current "MUST" will have to be replaced.
    >
    > Um, who, besides Doug, has objected?  Seems to me most of the discussion
    has
    > been centered around why it would be useful.  Once the reason(s) have been
    > explained, I don't see too much dissention.

    That's not what I see on the list.  For starters, Daniel Smith,
    Glen Turner, and Ronald Lee have objected to the mechanism
    or specifically to making it mandatory, and I think Silvano
    Gai just added himself to that list.  More people can probably
    be found by searching the list archives.  Please don't confuse
    having the last word with winning the argument.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500