    RE: iSCSI virtualization proposal

    John,

    Would I be wrong to assume construction of commands would be within an
    encapsulation proposal?  The server providing access to the SAN is special
    software and providing a definition within the encapsulation proposal is the
    only means to standardize Extended Copy or third-party commands.  Some of
    the justification for proxies derives from third-party commands.  In that
    respect, I think this is why David combined the topic.  Should there be a
    different targeting in actual use, at least this definition allows the
    server a unique translation into this target space.  This function should
    also remove any need for encapsulating IP of hosts as this too would be part
    of any lookup process.  These two topics are very much related.  Just as
    client access to devices must be secured, so would third-party commands.  As
    permissions is only a small aspect of this process, should the server be
    able to decide on permissions, it should also be able to decide on the
    actual path as these two things go hand in hand.  This feature of providing
    a transparent bridge is where the two paths cross and why they are related
    and in scope.  The encapsulation definition should not impact T10.  Only
    until there is a medium using this addressing would there be a concern.

    Doug