    RE: iSCSI CONNECT message

    John,

    As in the past, if you had any difficulty with understanding a point, I was
    happy to explain privately.  We have done this before with a resounding
    conclusion you wish to promote large controllers.  Again, I do not think a
    SCSI transport is limited exclusively to large controllers at the end of a
    network.  You do not comprehend or acknowledge this point.  Cache memory
    within a controller is wasted if placed as the end point of a MAN or WAN
    network and will remain at a serious competitive disadvantage.

    No matter how complex this storage controller is made together with its
    levels of authentication and naming done in-line with the transport
    function, do not loose perspective of a simpler scheme which will work
    sufficiently well if not better due to removal of these latency causing
    processes.  I would not expect you to view this matter beyond a perspective
    of a modified SCSI controller turned into a type of file server with the
    ability to tunnel and dynamically map.  As such, I would not expect you to
    comprehend my comments.  My efforts to date have been promoting existing
    standards and attempting to dissuade re-invention.  I would hope that a
    simple bootstrapping can be achieved that remains compliant to both views of
    simple and complex and take in practical considerations of mounting drives.

    This reflector should be a place to express concerns in a technical manner.
    The synergy of efforts will be limited if these concerns are not shared and
    understood.  If you simply do not wish to be bothered, filter email.  If you
    do not wish to expend effort in supporting your perspective, that too is
    your option.  I do not view the iSCSI draft as the only means, and in that
    light, I do not think I have taking liberties in pointing to concerns.

    Doug