    RE: iSCSI Naming and Discovery

    One problem with the existing SCSI discovery mechanisms for logical units,
    of course, is that they don't scale well when the universe of logical units
    becomes large.

    With that in mind, I was tempted to assert that the storage naming service
    should help us find the location of an LU directly, using it's world wide
    name.  As I think about this, however, I suspect that storage management at
    this level of granularity is best done by the vendors who supply such tools.

    <snip>

    Charles