    Point of Order

    I have been monitoring the iSCSI group for several months. It is my
    perception that there are way too many opinions and positions and way too
    little consensus.

    What is the protocol for establishing consensus on any given issue so that
    the WG can move forward to NEW issues? Tabling controversial subjects until
    a later date also seems to be a reasonable option so that progress can be
    made on a spec.

    It seems logical to me that each area in the spec should be discussed
    (brainstormed) and then voted on or shelved until later. Discussion should
    center around the spec and issues therein instead of on random flaming,
    flying, dueling email threads. IMHO, 200 emails in two days is too much!

    I think it would help greatly if the WG chair(s) would provide a periodic
    "point-of-order" to focus or re-focus discussion by the teaming masses.

    Regards,
    Jay Brinkmeyer
    Compaq Computer Corporation