    Re: iSCSI: problem with LUN discovery

    Nelson,

    I don't disagree, disk serial numbers are a good thing. I was
    simply trying to point out (perhaps badly) that initiator specific
    LUN mapping presents no problem to the initiator side since nobody
    in their right mind uses the path to determine the identity of
    a disk.

    Now, if we could only convince all of the disk manufacturers
    in the world (both real and virtual) to give us unique serial numbers
    (we've seen drive models were every unit returned the same constant
    serial number. and don't get me started about arrays....)

    John Muth
    VERITAS Software