    From: Michael Krause [mailto:krause@cup.hp.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 9:31 AM
    To: IPS@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: RE: iSCSI: Flow Control

    At 08:22 PM 10/2/00 -0700, Jim McGrath wrote:
    >I agree with Peter.
    >
    >We should allow immediate data, but only up to a limit previously set by
    the
    >target (so we have a chance that it is received).  But the target has to be
    >given the ability to dynamically change (in Peter's terms, advertise) the
    >resources available, and be able to do it selectively (i.e. to one
    initiator
    >and not another).  This inability to change the resources deployed for this
    >purpose over time is why current schemes are not implemented (no target
    >wants to get "caught" and so drastically underadvertizes the actual
    >resources it has available).

    Agree as well.  The question is does one only do this at connection set-up
    time or does one define a iSCSI operation that performs session option
    negotiation at any time within a session's lifetime.  Also if multiple
    connections are supported, is this negotiation per TCP
    connection?  Recommend doing this per connection within a session and
    allowing resources per connection and resource to vary even between the
    same endnode pair.

    Mike