    Re: LU access through an iSCSI session

    Jim Hafner/Almaden/IBM wrote:

    > Pierre,
    >
    > The answer to your questions (in my mind) are:
    >
    > > 1) Do commands directed to a particular LU through a session are
    > > able to use any of the TCP connections within the  session?
    >
    > I think this should be "Yes" and is a very desirable design point (but I
    > don't know if that's what we're going to get).

    As I said in a previous reply, the *only* answer is "Yes", which leads to...

    > > 2) Do commands directed to a particular LU through a session
    > > need to be associated to different LUNs depending on the TCP
    > > connection used or is it always the same LUN for all
    > > the connections?
    >
    > This has a more complicated answer, namely: *it depends*.

    Again, the *only* answer is "Yes".  The multiple TCP connections make up a
    *single* session.  The session just happens to have lots of "TCP connections"
    to make it look like it has a "big pipe" (for example, 4 1Gbit connections can
    be used to emulate a 4Gbit link).

    If you want different "LU views" per TCP connection, then each TCP connection
    would be a separate, independent iscsi session.

    -Matt