    RE: iSCSI: Creation of new LUNs

    Hi:

    A note on AEN support:

    Although all SCSI transports provide a way to deliver an AEN, few
    implementations support it in practice.  Since a device can implement both
    initiator and target functions (as it would for 3rd party copy requests),
    the usual approach is for the initiator to also present itself as a target
    that supports the standard SCSI model for "host" devices. The data
    associated with an asynchronous event is then transferred to the initiator
    (temporarily acting as a target) by means of the SCSI SEND command. I guess
    one could characterize this as a temporary role reversal.

    Of course, a protocol can define some other mechanism that serves the same
    end.

    Charles

    <other text deleted>