    RE: Data in SCSI Response or SCSI Data

    In FCP, because FC is a multi-protocol environment that may have
    drivers independent of the SCSI drivers, an actual buffer allocation
    was transmitted independently of the SCSI command.  Both overrun
    and underrun indicators and a residual are returned.  They are
    protocol related, not SCSI related.

    There are cases where incorrect length indications are provided
    in the SCSI model for both under-run and over-run cases, but they
    are rare and typically associated with legacy tape drive programs.

    Bob