    From: John Hufferd/San Jose/IBM [mailto:hufferd@us.ibm.com]
    Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 4:29 PM
    To: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: a vote for asymmetric connections in a session

    Folks,
    Matt and Julian are correct.  The sliding window was put in for a
    completely different reason then is currently being discussed.  I suggest
    that we all  look at it only as it was originally intended and then see if
    something else needs to be done, or not.  TCP/IP probably handles all the
    other issues (well enough).

    .
    .
    .