    Re: iSCSI Autosense Consensus, Connection next steps

    Randal,

    OK - the main reason we want to use several connections is link aggregation
    (i.e. different
    physical connections).

    And then even attempting to use more aggressively congestion control will
    not give you
    an edge on the network (not a significant one) as long as you are using the
    same IP address
    as I assume that RED is looking for this too (and if not it should!).

    An interesting point - in  a former life doing a satellite transmission I
    decide against such a trick
    and used a FEC scheme to bring BER in-line with the wired links (in fact 1
    order of magnitude better to compensate for RTT).

    Julo

    "Randall R. Stewart" <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us> on 06/09/2000 16:36:38

    Please respond to "Randall R. Stewart" <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us>