    Multiple Connections. How would they work?

    What am I missing?  The reason I felt that iSCSI might possibly
    work was the text from 2.2.4 of draft-satran-iscsi-01.txt.

    	" For SCSI commands that require data and/or parameter
    	transfer, the (optional) data and the status for a
    	command must be sent over the same TCP connection that
    	was used to deliver the SCSI command (connection
         	allegiance).  Thus if an initiator issues a READ
    	command, the target must send the requested data followed
    	by the status to the initiator over the same TCP connection
    	that was used to deliver the SCSI command."

    >From this, I extrapolated that multiple connections and sessions
    were mechanisms to manage multiple paths, each of which would
    carry all the traffic related to a single command, probably with
    no ordering among them.  I had expected TCP/IP and iSCSI state
    required for execution of an iSCSI operation to be contained within
    a single NIC.

    How does this map into the multiple connection structures that are
    being discussed?

    How do the multiple connection structures map into the low cost highly
    efficient hardware assisted NIC implementations that presently typify
    SCSI implementations?