    Re: Data in SCSI Response or SCSI Data

    Ok, maybe I'm missing something, but as I read the latest (July 10) draft, I see
    this data/status thing working as follows.  I'm going to use psuedo code, so
    that (perhaps) everyone might understand...

    (Note that this whole discussion is only applicable to a target read operation)

    /* as a target... */
    if ((this is the last iSCSI data PDU to send to fullfill the SCSI command) and
        (this SCSI STATUS is GOOD (except for residual counts)) then
    {
      set the "S" bit in the iSCSI DATA PDU header
      /* setting the "S" bit explicitely defines "end of exchange" */
      update the "iSCSI Status" field in the iSCSI DATA PDU header
      if (there is a residual count) then
      {
        set the "O" or "U" bits and update the
        "Residual Count" field of the iSCSI DATA PDU header
      }
      send the last iSCSI DATA PDU (completing the SCSI command)
    }
    else
    {
      clear the "S" bit in the iSCSI DATA PDU header
      send the iSCSI DATA PDU
      if (the last iSCSI DATA PDU was sent)
      {
        create the iSCSI RESPONSE PDU
        send it
      }
    }

    Now, what exactly is the big issue that's required all this discussion?

    -Matt Wakeley
    Agilent Technologies