    Re: multiple connections

    A bit of Related Work ... On the forever-young 1 vs. N TCP connections
    subject, you may be interested in the results shown in the '97 "An
    Application-Level Solution to TCP's Satellite Inefficiencies" paper
    (available at http://jarok.cs.ohiou.edu/projects/satellite/) and on Sally
    Floyd's comment hereafter. The intersection with satellite links is quite
    accidental, and the arguments/results apply above and beyond satellite links.

    -franco