    RE: iSCSI Autosense

    Ralph,

    Perhaps I should say Mr. SCSI as I would not wish to slander obvious
    knowledge even if I may disagree. I agree ACA provides desired interlocks
    and Autosense is also highly desired. I was not concerned about disk drives
    as these products are easily found supporting these standards and represent
    no change to existing software.  Although your emulation description
    approximates ACA with CA devices, it is not as simple as not doing it at all
    in cases where it is not needed.  For the odd device that does run one
    command per nexus and where such use is not a horrific bottleneck and the
    removal of Autosense leaves the operation of the device unchanged, why not
    refuse Autosense?  Loaders, tape and every other odd widget you can imagine
    may fall into that CA category.  Mucking with ACA emulation seems wrong in
    these cases where this fig leaf is enough.  By creating an Autosense
    refusal, at least those such as yourself wishing to have a pure environment
    can enforce such desires.

    Doug