    Re: iSCSI Autosense

    Ralph,

    How are volume change events supposed to be treated with CA, ACA and
    autosense (or for that matter any Async. Event that intends to convey to an
    initiator state information that the initiator should be aware of before
    sending commands - i.e. how is state sync. achieved)?
    I was under the impression that this is one of vestigial uses of CA.

    It is obvious that autosense is fine but until I can't be convinced that it
    is completely
    orthogonal to CA use (or to some other mechanism that can assure state
    sync) I would
    be reluctant to force it.

    If state sync. is provided by some other means that I will be happy to
    oblige and assume
    autosense is always there.

    Ralph Weber <ralphoweber@compuserve.com> on 30/08/2000 06:12:53

    Please respond to ENDL_TX@computer.org