    Re: multiple connections

    While I am not yet convinced of the actual need for multiple
    connections, I agree with Kalman that using a single command
    connection will greatly simplify the protocol and error recovery.
    I would prefer it over the current propsal.

    While this will address the perceived performance problem that
    will be addressed by multiple data connections, I don't see how
    it will help availability.  Commands are only being sent on one
    connection so if it fails there is no redundant path and we are back
    to higher level software managing connections.  Exactly what the
    other thread is arguing against.

    	-David