    Re: Connection Consensus Progress

    David,

    I understand and share your concerns about how good we understand the
    requirements for recovery and balancing.

    But as I stated repeatedly we can't wait for somebody else to solve our
    problem and the
    field requirement is there as witnessed by the products that attempt to
    solve it in a
    proprietary fashion (and BTW a TCP connection failure could also be
    repaired simply by
    TCP but TCP does not do it).

    However if they are there the both sets have to be solved at SCSI level -
    since several links
    if not handled properly increase the failure probability.

    However your last point about multiple HBAs is lost on me.
    We attempted to make iSCSI work with several HBAs and went to some length
    to keep
    the requirements to the HBA hardware as if the HBAs act independently
    (counters can be
    shared). Is there something we missed?

    Julo

    David Robinson <David.Robinson@EBay.Sun.COM> on 25/08/2000 23:32:23