    RE: Data in SCSI Response or SCSI Data

    While networks lose packets, TCP/IP connections never do, so you
    should not see this as a problem at the iSCSI layer.  If you can
    lose packets at the iSCSI layer, then having to guess at whether the
    recovery will involve two kinds of information units or one kind of
    information unit seems like an unnecessary complexity.

    This should be kept simple, providing one kind of information in
    a packet, thus making it simpler to implement hardware that can
    route the information directly to the appropriate memory space.

    If the overhead of preparing and sending two packets instead of one
    is burdensome, then we have that problem to solve as well.

    Bob Snively
    Brocade Communications           Phone  408 487 8135
    1901 Guadalupe Parkway
    San Jose, CA 95131               Email   rsnively@brocade.com